Rare gravy boat from the Kaserne SS “ Verwaltung Obersalzberg”.
A housing complex for the SS guard detachment was built in 1937. This consisted of a barracks building, a kitchen/messhall building, a building for vehicle maintenance and storage, a sport hall (gymnasium), and a staff headquarters building, all grouped around a central parade field that was used for training and inspection of guards. The complex was severely damaged during the April 1945 bombing attack, and the ruins were razed ca. 1951. The building foundations, basements, and tunnel systems remained underground, but these were torn out and filled in during 2001-2002.