This silver art deco style decanter and matching hand hammered 925 silver stopper were removed from the Berghof in May 1945 by Sgt. Russell Dysert .
Dysert fought with the 441st Antiaircraft Artillery Battalion, attached to the 45th “Thunderbirds” Division and, later, the 3rd Infantry Division. He served in Africa, Sicily, southern Italy and all the way up to Rome until finally reaching the Obersalzberg at the end of the war. Working in supply, he drove a jeep and received preferential treatment from officers and was lucky enough to be one of the first to enter, and empty, the Berghof.
Ex. Dr Mark Griffith collection