This door panel was removed from the Hotel Geiger by a local resident during demolition in 2018.
Another local hotel with Third Reich connections was the Hotel Geiger, located up the street from the Berchtesgadener Hof. The hotel was used as a rest and recreation center for Luftwaffe officers during the war, and as area headquarters for Luftwaffe Gen. Karl Koller in May 1945. It briefly served as regimental headquarters for the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the U.S. 101st Airborne Division after the taking of Berchtesgaden in May 1945, and was also used as a U.S. Army facility for a period after the war, but has now (until 2018) stood vacant for several years. The interior still had several period rustic paintings of mountain scenes, such as those on the bar seen here. Over years of abandonment and neglect, most of the interior decorations (including those shown here) were plundered. Demolition of the ruined and plundered Hotel Geiger was completed in December 2018.