SOLD,SOLD,SOLD Original VERY RARE German NSDAP Haus Der Kunst House of Arts in Munich silver spoon. Rare piece of silver tableware, a silver lunch spoon bearing the coat of arms of the “Haus der Deutschen Kunst” in relief on the handle.The 21 cm spoon bears the manufacturer’s mark “Bruckmann” on the reverse and purity stamp “90”.Postcard included.
The Haus der Deutschen Kunst (House of German Art) was built in 1933-37 to replace the Munich Art Gallery (Glass Palace) which had burned in 1931. Designed by architect Paul Ludwig Troost in the neo-classical Third Reich style, the building still serves Munich today as an art museum (Haus der Kunst).
The Haus der Deutschen Kunst was officially opened by Adolf Hitler on 18 July 1937, with the opening of the first Greater German Art Exhibition, in his speech for the opening of the museum, Hitler dedicated the building to the art of the German people.