Gretl Braun’s library book, removed from the ruins of Hitler’s Berghof in Berchtesgaden by an American GI. The book is published in Berlin by Hans von Hugo Verlag, 1940. The front flyleaf bears an annotation from the book’s GI, indicating it was taken from the ruins of ‘Hitler’s home, near Berchtesgaden, 30 May 1945’. Beneath this is Braun’s affixed ‘Gretl Braun EX Libris’ bookplate. A following page bears two hand-inked annotations. The first is written in largely indecipherable Sutterlin script, dated August 31, 1943, signed ‘Heini’ at the conclusion. A later inscription appears to mention the upcoming year, adding the name ‘Margarete’ – possibly Margarete Speer or Margarete Himmler, then is again signed ‘Heini’ at the conclusion.